This site abides by the Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government World Wide Web Sites issued by the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
1. Collecting your information
Information automatically logged
IPAA Western Australia may make a record of your visit and log any of the information for the purposes of:
- statistical and business purposes;
- providing you with relevant product and service (including assessing your personal information and identifying you); and
- managing and administering the product or service to be provided to you.
The information which may be collected may include:
- your server's address;
- the name of the top-level domain from which you access the Internet (for example, .gov, .com, .au, .nz, etc);
- the date and time of the visit to the site;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous Internet address from which you linked directly to this site (in the cases where the referring site declines to pass this information on, these details are not obtained by the statistics server); and
- other information IPAA Western Australia considers necessary.
We will not identify users or their browsing activities, except where a law enforcement agency (or government agency) may exercise a legal authority to inspect the ISP logs (e.g. by warrant, subpoena or notice to produce).
If personal information is collected during your visit via a website and held by IPAA Western Australia, every effort will be made to ensure that the information which IPAA Western Australia stores in different ways including paper and electronic form is secure. IPAA Western Australia will take all reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- by way of confidentiality requirements for our employees;
- document storage security policies;
- security measures for systems access; and
- only allowing access to personal information where the person seeking access has satisfied the identification requirements for access.
As some IPAA Western Australia sites contain links to other sites. IPAA Western Australia is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites and the user should familiarise themselves with the privacy policies attaching to those websites and IPAA Western Australia disclaims any responsibility and/or liability in respect of information and its use on those sites.
You will need to contact or review those websites directly to ascertain their privacy standards policies and procedures.
2. Use of personal information
We collect and retain information about you only when you give us permission to do so. Visitors to the IPAA Western Australia website remain anonymous. We do not collect personally identifying information about site visitors unless you choose to provide such information to us. We collect e-mail addresses and other contact information only from those site visitors who voluntarily opt in to receive more information from or about us. We collect this personal contact information from the following sources:
- information submitted voluntarily by you via Training courses and Event registrations, surveys, web request or other online enquiries; and
- information you communicate with us via e-mail.
We do not collect personal information about you on our website unless you choose to provide that information to us. Even then, your personal contact information is used solely for the purpose of supplying you with information from or about IPAA Western Australia. We also use the contact information you voluntarily provide to respond to your questions and requests, as well as confirm and remind you about registration bookings.
3. Disclosure of personal information
IPAA Western Australia is totally committed to protecting information you provide and will not disclose personal information concerning you to any other third party in any instance.
4. Website disclaimer
The owner of this site is not liable for any misfortune that should befall a visitor to this site.
This website is protected by copyright under Australian law. Unauthorised use of any part of this site is not permitted.
A cookie is a piece of information that an Internet website sends to your browser when you access information at that site.
Parts of this site may store cookies on your browser in order to better serve you when you next visit the site. Cookies are optional for the user and your browser can be set either not to accept cookies or to prompt you to accept them or not case by case.
This site maintains the same level of security for personal information collected in an electronic format as it does for that collected in paper format.
However, if you are providing personal information via an email or an online form you should be aware that there are some risks to transmitting data via the Internet unless it is encrypted with a security certificate. This site uses encryption and related server side mechanisms for secure data transfer in certain areas of the site where financial transactions may take place (e.g. credit card details), in other cases where no financial transactions take place web forms usually will not have encryption. If at any time you believe the principles referred to in this privacy statement have not been followed, or have any other comments on these principles, please notify the owner of this site.
The use of the term "personal information" in this privacy statement means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.