Engaging Your Stakeholders and the Community
This course maps to capability:
Prices include GST and are subject to change
Community and stakeholder engagement is based on the premise that people who will be affected by a decision have a role in the decision making process. Many organisations are discovering the value of a planned approach to engagement to ensure that expectations are kept in check and the outcomes achieved are realistic and meaningful.
This workshop will provide tools for community and stakeholder engagement planning. There are a number of simple steps to a comprehensive planning strategy that will better inform the people delivering and participating in the process. The course will look at the principles of community and stakeholder engagement and draw on ‘real life’ engagement strategies to ensure you walk away with a practical framework to plan your own engagement program. While there is rarely a one size fits all approach, the training will provide tools that are transferable to a range of sectors. You will have a chance to apply the tools to current engagement projects.
By the end of this course attendees should be able to:
- Complete a situation analysis
- Conduct a stakeholder analysis
- Conduct a risk assessment
- Determine the desired level of engagement
- Determining a methodology for engagement
Benefits to your organisation
- Greater ability to articulate the role and benefit of engagement
- More comprehensive community engagement strategies.
Benefits to you
- Work on your own strategy and walk out with a framework for your own plan.
- Take-away tools that are transferable to a range of sectors. You will have a chance to apply the tools to current engagement projects.