Presenting to Influence and Persuade with Confidence
This course maps to capability:
Prices include GST and are subject to change
A presentation is an excellent opportunity to persuade and influence your audience. This workshop demonstrates how to organise and deliver your presentation to get great results.
Most presentations are made in-house to small groups of colleagues. They are a heaven-sent opportunity to persuade people to your point of view; a unique chance to influence your audience.
But without the requisite skills – without the knowledge of how to structure the presentation, of how to overcome your nervousness and of how to make your presentation more effective using rhetorical techniques and,at certain points, the precise words – that chance could be lost.
This lively, open, interactive course will show you how to acquire and employ those skills.
Being able to communicate and to persuade an audience in presentations is one of the most important attributes for a successful career. It is a significant factor when people within the organisation are being considered for promotion.
- the four ‘Ps’ – Preparation: Plotting: Practice: Performance – of your presentation
- identifying the real message you wish to send
- using mind mapping to construct the presentation
- dramatic frames – what are they and how they enhance and add life to your presentation
- choosing analogies and words that make your presentation memorable and evoke a positive response
- identifying whether your listeners are externally or internally motivated
- how to practice – overcoming and using your natural fear of public speaking
- voice, posture and breathing – how you look and sound
By the end of this course attendees should be able to:
- plan, prepare and deliver a logical and memorably persuasive presentation
- learn how to influence an audience, leading it to a logical conclusion
- overcome the natural fear that many presenters experience
- become adept at finding the right words and phrases to persuade listener
- achieve a higher level of self confidence through knowing how to prepare yourself mentally, physically and emotionally
Benefits to your organisation
- good public speakers reflect well on the credibility of the organisation and give the organisation an edge
- executives will be more persuasive and able to deliver presentations that audiences can understand and assimilate; presentations that will persuade the audience to view the organisation favourably and act positively on its behalf
- executives are more self-confident and better trained in organisational skills
Benefits to you
- the course helps build your confidence and self-esteem
- you learn how to persuade through the power of the spoken word
- you learn the logical sequences of planning a persuasive presentation