This workshop is targeted at any manager or leader who has someone reporting directly to them and is interested in developing a coaching style of leadership (but has not had any previous coaching training). You will come away from this workshop with a comprehensive understanding of two coaching approaches for applying the coaching style of leadership to gain commitment and draw out the best in others. You will also gain an understanding of how you can use coaching in everyday interactions to enhance impact and build both competence and accountability.
The workshop is a facilitated process whereby the participants are actively involved throughout the session with a significant focus on practical application of the skills.
- Why coach: introduction to the Willing & Able model.
- Understanding behaviour change from a psychological perspective.
- Behavioural model of coaching: IGROW in depth.
- Cognitive-behavioural model of coaching: PRACTICE and ABCDEFG models.
- Application of coaching: Before / During / After the task.
- Coaching conversation practice in full.
By the end of this course attendees should be able to:
- understand the benefits of using a coaching style of leadership (WHY).
- understand and use two different coaching approaches (HOW).
- know when to use this style (WHO and WHEN).
Benefits to your organisation
- Accelerated competency development
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Enhanced motivation and commitment from team members
- Increased accountability for action
Benefits to the individual
- Learn how to develop team members who are motivated and committed to their work.
- Improved communication and relationships with team members.
- High impact, targeted interactions designed to accelerate development of team members.
- Practice skills learnt during the workshop.