More than ever the need for effective influence is a critical leadership requirement, particularly for those working in departments or agencies that use a matrix structure or in organisations where staff need to influence across a range of divisions/areas and across levels. In the modern business context outcomes are achieved through relationships and networks – not power and control.
This workshop provides a high impact model of influence incorporating practical tools and strategies for more effective influence – sustainable influence without the use of power and authority. Whether you are a leader looking to add influence to your skillset, or a functional leader working across the organisation, or a project manager engaging a range of diverse stakeholders, this workshop will unlock your full influencing potential and set you up for sustainable success.
- Influencing challenges
- Attributes of influential people
- The TLC Solutions Influence Matrix
- TLC Solutions 5-Dimensional Model of Sustainable Influence
- Covey’s perspective of influence and the Circle of Influence
- Mapping your influence
- Strategy development and for each of the 5 Intelligences
By the end of this course attendees will be able to:
- understand how to develop the critical conditions for improved influencing.
- evaluate any influencing challenge and understand their influencing gaps.
- develop strategies to build influencing capability across a range of competencies.
- understand the relationship between thinking preference, communication and influence.
Benefits to your organisation
- Improved understanding of networks and their operational and strategic importance.
- Improved communication flow throughout the organisation.
- The use of dynamic storytelling to communicate key messages, inspire and lead people effectively.
- Individual action plans based on identifies gaps and opportunities.
- Enhanced change management, project engagement and communication.
Benefits to the individual
- Gain insight into how you think, behave and influence those around you.
- Understand how to communicate more effectively, with particular focus on why, how, who and then what.
- Understand how to communicate in a way that demonstrates both sustainable credibility, but also generates curiosity.
- Build a bank of strategies to improve your leadership effectiveness regardless of your position within the organisation.
- Enhanced success in project management, change management and communication.