What got you where you are may not get you where you want to go! Never is this truer than in the workplace when people move from being an individual contributor to a team leader. Making this transition requires a change of mindset, developing new skills and realigning your focus.
During this program you will be exposed to a range of frameworks, concepts and best practices to help you avoid some of the common pitfalls of a first up leader. Intelligently applying these to your own work context will more trial and less errors in the journey to becoming the best leader you can be.
- Common mistakes made by first up leaders
- Concept of emotional intelligence
- Planning, leading, organising and controlling are the four pillars of leadership
- Four questions that need to be asked in any plan
- Situational leadership model and decision making
- Teams form, storm and norm before they perform
- Management by objectives
- Gallup Q12 engagement model
- Change using Kotter’s 8 Steps model
- Building a communication plan
- Consulting with stakeholders
- Managing time as a leader.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand of the need to change current work practices
- Identify the need to think about work differently
- Develop a range of skills to support the transition to people leader
- Identify a balanced approach to the role of leader.
Benefits to your organisation
- Setting top performers up for success as they progress in their career
- Less disruption to the business as people transition into leadership roles
- Greater alignment and consistency in leadership practices across the organisation.
Benefits to you
- A roadmap to optimize your performance in early leadership roles
- Greater awareness, confidence and knowledge of best practices involved in leadership
- Support to develop your own brand of leadership.