Join IPAA WA as a Personal Member to ensure you are notified when we open the program.
Mentoring is a relationship aimed to provide mutual learning by participants with common goals. IPAA WA has established a program for one-on-one mentoring as a service to Individual Members. Read more about the program and eligibility below.
The IPAA WA Individual Member Mentoring program aims to provide mutual learning for participants with common goals. The program runs over nine months, commencing in February. Mentors and mentees are matched based on their skills, experience, and development goals. Participants can expect a likely time commitment of at least one face-to-face meeting per four-six weeks, but the exact commitment is to be agreed between the mentor and mentee.
Young Professionals Mentoring Pool
The young professional mentor pool for young professionals and those new to the sector.
This pool is only for young professionals (aged 35 and under) who want to mentor / be mentored by other young professionals.
Mentees and mentors will have the option to be placed in this pool by selecting the option during their application. In doing so, you will only be matched to another young professional mentor / mentee who has also selected to be placed in this pool.
This is a great opportunity for young professional mentors to share their experiences and gain extra leadership skills. Likewise, young professional mentees will get the opportunity to learn from other young people who might have already navigated similar challenges being faced by the mentees.
Benefits of Mentoring
Both mentors and mentees can benefit from participating in a mentoring program. There is a vast amount of information available which highlights these benefits, and we encourage you to browse our mentoring resources page to view some resources we have collated that we think would be useful for mentors and mentees.
Over 90% of participants who participated in this program last year and accessed these resources said they found them useful (including mentors and mentees).
We have summarised what we believe are the three key benefits you can expect to receive by participating in this mentoring program:
Benefits for Mentors
- Promote best practice by sharing experience and skills
- Satisfaction from contributing to your mentee’s development
- Opportunity to reflect upon and articulate your knowledge
Benefits for Mentees
- Increased confidence in relating to more senior people in the sector
- Exposure to new methods for approaching challenges
- Insight into future planning and self-development
How to apply
Please complete the online application to express interest in being either a mentor or a mentee. The Panel will then consider all information provided, and contact both mentees and mentors to advise them of their match.
At this stage, the mentor and mentee may request another match or may withdraw from the program with no questions asked. However, parties should be aware that due to the limited number of participants, a request for another match will depend on other participants, and another match cannot be guaranteed.
- Mentors – Online Application Form
- Mentors – Applications now closed
Personal Members (including Complimentary Young Professionals) are invited to participate in the Mentoring Program. If you are not currently a Personal Member, you may join to take advantage of this new initiative.
If you are interested in being a mentor, you do not need to be a Personal Member to participate in the mentoring program.
This program supports IPAA WA’s strategic objectives to:
- Inform and Improve: Inform and improve public sector outcomes by delivering high quality, industry recognised professional development and training programs.
- Connect and Celebrate: Provide opportunities to develop a connected and collaborative public sector. and celebrate the successes of the public sector.
- Inspire and Influence: Inspire and influence the public sector by providing opportunities to discuss and advocate for targeted outcomes.
Terms and Conditions
By completing the Expression of Interest Form, I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Remain a financial member of IPAA WA for the duration of the Mentoring Program (mentees only)
- Provide feedback to IPAA WA on my experience of the mentoring program
- Respect the confidentiality of the mentoring relationship
- Advise the Panel if you choose to withdraw from the mentoring program.
All personal information provided by the mentor and mentee will be treated as confidential, and will only be used by IPAA WA for the purposes of this program.
Any queries or concerns with the program or your match can be discussed confidentially with a member of the Panel. Please contact us in the first instance.