The following conditions of entry criteria apply to all Award categories.
- Entries will be assessed on the basis of information, references and documentation provided via the online entry form.
- Any material provided as part of the nomination may be used by the Institute of Public Administration Australia WA for promotional purposes.
- For each award you are asked to provide contact details of referee/s who may later be asked to provide written references if your entry is shortlisted for an award.
- An individual or team can nominate themselves and/or someone from their organisation depending on the Award nomination criteria. However, the person completing the Applicant Declaration section must not be the nominated person.
- All nominees must be currently working in public service in WA or have worked in the service during the preceding financial year (with the exception of the Patron’s Award).
- All nominations must be received by the published deadline. Nominations received after this date will not be considered.
- Once nominations have been submitted they become the property of the Institute and will not be returned to entrants. Nominees may be asked to provide additional information as required by the judging panel.
- There is no limit to the number of nominations an organisation may submit and a specific project or individual may be nominated more than once in multiple award categories.
- Nominees who have been misleading in their submissions or whose activities are not compliant with current relevant legislation may be withdrawn from the judging process or have Awards revoked.
- All decisions and recommendations made by the judging panel are binding, confidential and final. No further correspondence will be entered into at any time.
- The Awards judges reserve the right to move an Award nomination to a more appropriate category if they deem it necessary.
- By submitting a nomination you agree that IPAA is entitled to use information and images contained in the nomination to promote the awards and that the information and images provided have the appropriate internal copyright clearances.
- The entrant(s) accept that they or their organisation may be required for presentations and media interviews in respect of their entry.
- Email confirmation with receipt of nomination will be emailed to the nominated contact person within three working days of receiving the nomination. If the contact person from your organisation does not receive a confirmation email, it is the responsibility of that organisation to contact the Awards Co-ordinator.
- By submitting your application for the Awards you agree that you have read, understood and accept these conditions.
When submitting an application, the nominator must enter their details in the applicant declaration section of the online form. In doing so, the nominator is declaring the below.
The nomination must have approval by the head of your organisation*. The person completing the Applicant Declaration section of the Assessment Criteria is deemed to have authorisation to submit the nomination on behalf of your agency / organisation with the appropriate approval. If nominating in an Individual Award category, this person must not be the nominated person (for that award).
- I declare that I am authorised to complete, sign and submit this application.
- I declare that I have read and understood the conditions within the Conditions of Entry.
- I understand that I may be requested to provide further clarification or documentation to verify the information supplied in this application and that IPAA WA may, during the application process consult with other agencies about the claims in the application.
- I declare that the information contained in this application together with the statement attached is, to the best of my knowledge and belief, true, accurate and complete in all material particulars.
- I also understand that the provision of a false or misleading statement in this application is a serious offence and may result in this application being deemed ineligible.
- I understand that the applicant has and will, while undertaking the activities specified in this application, maintain records that substantiate the undertaking of the activities.
* If you believe this is not relevant to your specific nomination, or if you have any questions about this, please contact the IPAA WA Office on 08 9360 1400 to discuss.
Last Updated: 9 December 2021