Despite clear evidence that equality in leadership positions makes for better communities and economies, women remain underrepresented at almost all leadership levels. If we are to truly embrace diversity, we need to move beyond compliance and toward a collective recognition of the true value that capable women bring to leadership roles.
This workshop provides women with the opportunity to further their aptitude in the leadership space by supporting participants in clarifying their personal leadership brand and developing an action plan for embedding it into the workplace. By interacting with two powerful models, participants will be guided through activities that encourage personal and professional applications with a view to enabling them to be the best leader they can.
In addition, this training will support the Public Sector Commission ‘Workforce Diversification and Inclusion Strategy for WA Public Sector Employment 2020-2025′ by working towards increasing the representation and inclusion of women at leadership levels of the WA public sector.
- Introduction to the unique challenges women in leadership positions face.
- Receive a personalised report delivering insight into your strengths and values.
- Consider how these impact your leadership style and learn how to use them to shape team and organisational culture.
- Overview of the TLC Solutions Self-talk Framework for increasing personal effectiveness.
- Understanding the TLC Solutions Mindset model and its applications personally and on a broader level.
- Managing multiple roles – consideration into how to juggle multiple facets of life while maintaining a sense of well-being.
By the end of this course attendees should be able to:
- Define their own unique brand of leadership style which focuses on how to leverage their strengths in an authentic way
- Utilise the TLC Solutions Self-talk framework to promote self-awareness and personal success through advancing the key skills of assertive communication, effective feedback, and intelligent influence
- Utilise the TLC Solutions Mindset Model to shape organisational cultural through creating a shared mindset around performance, leadership, connection, and relationships.
Benefits to your organisation
- Provide talented potential future leaders with access to high quality training thereby demonstrating your commitment to diversity and inclusion through active support.
- Develop individual capability to support a culture which embraces respect, and encourages recognition of the value of all team members.
- Set your organisation on a path to improved performance and productivity as research has demonstrated the link between these outcomes and increasing the number of women in key decision-making positions.
Benefits to you
- Recognise potential bias from both within and externally, let go of stereotypical or unhelpful views and behaviours to enable you to reach your potential.
- Develop attitudes and skills that harness your own strengths to improve engagement, performance, and retention of your team members.
- Improve well-being and success personally and professionally.
- Foster a network of like-minded leaders to further enhance your strategic alliances