The success of an organisation’s risk management framework is dependent on our people’s ability to understand that ‘managing risk is everyone’s responsibility’. Effective risk management is evidenced through informed decision making and speaking about the positives and negatives of risks. Departments are often under-resourced with Risk/Internal Audit teams being smaller than needed but maintaining a huge responsibility across changing and emerging risks.
During this session, you will learn the fundamentals of risk management in accordance with ISO 31000 and how to apply it to your department. It is designed to boost your confidence around risk management terminology and concepts.
- Explains the concepts of risk management and raise awareness of the current risk situation within the organisation.
- Highlights the fun of frameworks: Guidelines, better practice and boundaries (The focus is primarily ISO 31000:2018, and steps through the process of risk management in accordance with the standard)
- Articulates and aligns the risks – Consideration of why this is important?
- Discusses the importance of how to consider all relevant risks as part of the one risk management approach (i.e.: cyber, climate change)
- A foundation level understanding of risk management
- How risk management supports good decision making
- Why risk is relevant to your role within the public sector
Benefits to your organisation
- This session supports a consistent approach to risk management, that can be applied to any department.
- The knowledge sharing of risk management within an organisation, supports a risk lens across decision making
Benefits to you
- In accordance with better practice against risk management frameworks, public sector officers have risk management responsibilities.
- This session will support you to understand risk management and how to effectively make decisions in accordance with your organisation’s risk management practices