Skills and Tools for Superior Outcomes
Strategic Decision-Making for the WA Public Sector Professional equips you with the knowledge, skills and tools needed to make better policy, administrative, business and personal decisions. It also provides you with a decision-making framework that can help you to avoid making bad decisions, the consequences of which can be costly and difficult to reverse.
Perfect for both individuals and teams, this fully online, self-paced course provides you with the equivalent of a full-day of engaging, high-quality training that will enable you to maximise the likelihood of achieving the outcome that you want in any situation. It also provides you with the flexibility to develop a life-changing skill set when and how you want to, and can be listened to via audio while driving, commuting, exercising, or anywhere else with internet access.
Access & Duration
Upon completion of your registration, you will receive your username and password via an email, usually within 4-5 hours. If you have not received access/login details within 24 hours, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Once registered, you will have access to all course materials until 31 December 2023. While the course can be completed in as little as one day (approx. 8 hours), for maximum benefit it is recommenced that participants complete the course within 6-8 weeks.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- approach future decisions with an understanding of what constitutes a high-quality decision;
- contribute more effectively to your organisation’s capacity to achieve its objectives through higher quality decision-making;
- improve the quality of your professional and personal decisions by developing your ‘decision fitness’; and
- improve your individual performance and add value to your organisation by consistently making better decisions.
Who should attend
This course is designed primarily for public sector professionals, who are interested in acquiring practical knowledge, skills and tools to make better decisions and recommendations. It is particularly useful for those who are expected to:
- write and prepare briefs;
- provide advice or formulate policy options for senior decision-makers;
- perform in a project or project management role;
- undertake project planning;
- perform in a policy or advisory role;
- undertake policy analysis and/or strategic planning; or
- successfully deliver project outcomes.
What you will receive
- The equivalent of a full day of engaging, high quality training that will enable you to begin making better professional and personal decisions immediately.
- A fully referenced, practical, 10,000-word E-Book that can be used to help guide your decision-making well into the future.
- A Strategic Decisions and Recommendations Process and Checklist (a highly effective tool for those who are regularly confronted with decisions of significant importance).