It’s been a long time coming but the new work health and safety laws have finally arrived for WA.
Where have the changes come from? What difference does the new laws make to you and your workplace?
This session will review the key changes and see how they relate to the public sector.
Key features of the new WHS Act including:
- Primary duty of care
- Definition and duties of Officers
- Duties to Volunteers
- Notifiable incidents
- Processes for consultation
- Processes for the resolution of WHS issues
- New penalties
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the key features of the new WHS legislation
- Explain how the legislative changes relate to your workplace
Benefits to your organisation
- Ensure that your safety management system reflects the new legislation
- Improve the level of compliance
Benefits to you
- Improve your understanding of the legal WHS obligations
- Understand the new terminology that will be used in the workplace