There can be no doubt that our world is becoming increasing complex and volatile. Challenges emerge throughout our working days and in our personal lives on a daily basis. Now, more than ever, you need a recipe for resilience. How do you confront and work through these challenges in a productive and constructive fashion – Learning from these experiences and becoming more capable and confident as you go.
This workshop has been designed to equip participants with an understanding of the critical resilience factors that will enable the successful navigation through the seas of change and disruption. Participants will gain and share practical strategies to maintain their wellbeing and productive focus in these challenging times. Participants will benefit both personally and professionally from attending this engaging workshop.
- A Story of Resilience – what did Amy do?
- The Stress Performance Curve: A simple, yet highly practical model for understanding stress and how it impacts performance.
- Metacognition: Thinking about your thinking!
- The importance of personal proactivity, ownership and where to focus your energies.
- The 6 Pillars of Resilience
- A range of practical strategies to improve wellbeing and constructively work through life’s numerous challenges no matter how insignificant or overwhelming they might be.
By the end of this course attendees will be able to:
- Identify a range of practical strategies to build personal resilience in self and others.
- Possess a helpful model to evaluate stress levels and maintain themselves in the “optimal performance zone”.
- Identify cognitive, emotional, behavioural and physiological signs of stress.
- Understand the negative impact of cortisol on brain chemistry.
- Identify the Six Pillars of Resilience and related strategies to enhance wellbeing and resilience.
- Develop a practical action plan to build personal resilience.
Benefits to your organisation
- Improved productivity, cohesion, and performance in the face of challenges
- Less time and energy wasted on “below the line” behaviour and thinking.
- Support team culture.
Benefits to the individual
- A practical plan to build personal resilience.
- An understanding of how to build resilience within you team and/or sphere of influence.
- With greater resilience, an ability to proactively and constructively deal with the many challenges faced in your personal and professional life.
- Lower levels of stress and an enhanced ability to “bounce back” from challenges.
- A more positive and proactive outlook on life.