Proactively managing performance is a critical leadership skill, however as organisations move to more flexible ways of working, leaders will inevitably be faced with the challenge of managing performance in a very different environment. Working from home, competing priorities, the utilisation of on-line platforms and other technological challenges are just some of the areas that have the potential to impact performance in this emerging organisational context.
The content of this workshop has application for those leaders operating in more traditional workplace contexts, but also includes valuable tools for those working more dynamic, hybrid models of working. Leaders will develop an understanding of how they can get on the front foot and proactively manage performance through the application of several practical and readily applicable, models and frameworks. Leaders will understand what they need to focus on to enable high-performance and ensure accountability in this challenging and dynamic environment.
- TLC Solutions Fundamental Feedback framework
- TLC Solutions 5C Difficult Conversations model
- Performance GAP Analysis model
- James Reason’s Error Management model
By the end of this course attendees will be able to:
- have a different and more empathic view of the ‘poor performer’ i.e. understand ‘why’ they are underperforming.
- have a toolbox of tools and strategies to get higher performance from team members.
- have a simple yet effective feedback model that reduces defensiveness and resistance.
- be capable of having effective and constructive difficult conversations.
Benefits to your organisation
- Proactive management of performance that reduces the need for reactive, remedial actions.
- Leaders who are confident in their approach and who “lean in” to hard conversations.
- Improved productivity through clear action plans for team members based on identified development opportunities.
- Improved productivity through supported development actions.
- Improved productivity through specific actions to improve performance goals.
Benefits to you
- You have a range of models and frameworks to better understand the needs of your team members and why their performance may be impacted.
- You will be equipped with a framework for understanding how to approach, plan and implement the performance conversations.
- You will come away feeling more confident that you will be able to conduct constructive feedback and performance conversations with your staff.